Tuesday 10 April 2007

Team Members

I note that Gobbler now has enabled the "Team only" facility on his blog page. That presumably means that only the people he has physically authorised on the dashboard of his blog are able to respond to any of his posts.

That is sad. It means that the general person who wants to have an e-conversation with him about his subject can't. It also means that all the Anons who have used his site as a platform for their own vitriolic outpourings now can't do this.

Once again, another step backwards for this world. I think it's a sad place where people just can't have intellectual discussions on any subject without some debasing themselves with cheap shots which contain absolutely no relation to the subject at hand.

I tried to comment on Gobblers latest blog and couldn't, so it looks like it's hands off & read only if you go over to play with Gobbler now.
Posted on by Rita
6 comments

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Rita, I have had a look and it is just so.

Maybe he just won't tolerate other opinions. You know, the chef is always right?

The sniping about his identity was irritating, I'm sure.

But I gave up on his site because he liked a cheap shot and I found it all a bit tiresome.

His mocking of responders was unappetising in the extreme.

Sir Grumpy.

Rita said...

Well, Sir Grumpy, I can't hope to go anywhere near the substance of his blogs. I find them a wealth of humour and cynicism, which I love. But, for what it's worth, you're welcome any time, with any comment or opinion chez moi.

I've been abused by the best so although not welcoming that kind of attitude, am prepared for it!

Rita said...

PS Gobbler - why don't you enable the Comment Moderation instead? Then that means you have control over the comments left on your posts but if anyone has something to say which you feel is valid and relevant, it still can contribute to your post.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel that way Sir G. I always thought he had a balanced and even approach and some of those comments would have made a lesser person snatch it much more.
I really did enjoy your banter and I think that the sites are poorer for it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, HRV, but it stopped being enjoyable for me. I have a hide like a rhinocerous (some would say a face like one too). (And an arse).

But a crack back at me is fine, however I sensed real venom and a ranting that weren't clever, just too much.
The subject matter hadn't been an interesting read for me recently, so why bother?
Garrulous closed down after building up a body of dissenters.
Now Gobbler has in effect gone the same way.

And if people are reading his blog for the regulars who comment, why should they support such an ingrate?

I have no idea of how to set-up my own blog and don't want too.
Gobbler, whose site attracted readers for the comments keeps telling people to ``get your own blog, parasite...twat...windbag...''

How silly is that? (quite).

So another souffle that has failed to rise to the occasion.

Sir Grumpy

Anonymous said...

Is that why they call them restau-Ranters.

The Grub