Saturday 19 January 2008

Green Tea Cake by Pearlyn


Last night I picked up two cakes specially made for me by Pearlyn - an enterprising young Malaysian lady who is passionate about food and cooking, and wants to start up a business in Hobart cooking cakes, and catering.

She made me the Green Tea Cake, pictured, and a Mango Cake - to test taste and distribute to friends and family, and see what they thought as well.

My opinion is that they are a fabulous product. They are beautiful, and different in appearance to the usual commercially viable cake which I've ordered a squillion times from different places.

They aren't quite as sickly sweet and heavy as our western palates seem to prefer, and for this reason I feel they would have a wider appeal as, being just that bit lighter than ours, they would be more appropriate to indulge in with a coffee.

Pearlyn has a site where you can view her recipes and products, and to which I've added a link on my blogsite - so go there and check it out.

I didn't ask her about pricing yesterday - but I'm sure they will be realistically priced. Contact her through her site or through me. I'm sure you'll be delighted with the product.
Posted by Picasa
Posted on by Rita
3 comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see you using photos, and a lovely one at that..

Anonymous said...

PS just had a look at pearlyn's blog - what a find. Also went to Bund Shanghai last night for the first time - pretty much like a "best of Sen's" Sad it's in Sandy Bay but. The star was the Peking Beef - Mr Bok is currently in the kitchen making his own version. Service was good too.

Rita said...

Kitty - as I gave Nellie half of the pictured cake, I hope she has been generous enough to share with you!

Glad you visited Bund - my fave also is the beef. You'd better report back if Mr Bok's version is as good as Bunds.