Sunday 12 October 2008

Postscript to JP New Town

In April this year, I wrote about my experience at Jean-Pascals in New Town, describing what a contrast it was to eating at their Bellerive outlet, and how much better the service and atmosphere was at New Town. I made especial mention of Kathryn there who very much impressed me with her lateral thinking skills as well as her ‘service attitude’.

So imagine my surprise, and delight, when I received the email below from her a few weeks ago.

It bought home to me, once again, how potentially impactful writing things in the public domain can be, both positively and negatively. I am delighted that I transferred my thoughts on Kathryn’s work ethic to this blog, and that she saw what I’d said about her, and that it appeared to have inspired her to have more self-confidence and move on in her career path to the next step, which I’m positive is only temporary. I predict big things for our Kathryn.

She has kindly given me permission to use her email below…..

"Hi there rita ,

Its Kathryn here from Jean-Pascal Patisserie in New Town.
I would once again like to thank you for your awesome write up you did on me some months ago now. I was quite impressed that someone actually thought that of me.

I'm not sure if your friends ( Adrienne, Jan & Helen ) told you but I have actually left there and moved on to bigger and better things. I needed a career change .

I have moved into Motel Reception . I am ST Ives in battery Point.

Thank you once again for your encouragement.
I thought I owed it to you to let you know where I had gone

Kathryn Roberts"

If I died tomorrow, I’d go happier in the knowledge that my blog had enriched someone else’s life. Thank YOU Kathryn.
Posted on by Rita
7 comments

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats nice rita.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of service might I just say that the service provided at the weekend from peena(sorry if spelt wrong)from farmgate cafe in kettering was outstanding. She was friendly informative and helpful without being intrusive. What more could you ask for, well aside from a great meal which we got too!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, she is gerat and a really lovely person to talk to.

Rita said...

They say things come in threes - and here is number 2 on great feedback, and customer service -

Hi Rita,
Joe here from Get Shucked on Bruny. I have just been reading your blog on the trip you did to Bruny and was stoked to see that Daniel and Mark went so well. I printed it out and told him to show his family and friends as I think he should be very proud, which he is. Please do not hesitate to call or email for future visits to Get Shucked and if I am around I will have to try very hard to live up to the standard set by Dan the Man.

Thank you,
Joe

Anonymous said...

This is all getting a bit sugary and disconcerting, Rita.
We're not used to pleasantries from the staff, you know.
I quite like the cuss-under-the-breath and the old ``I can't see you routine'', practised widely on our fair island.
Hell, we sit and rehearse comeback lines for our teasers and abusers.
And I quite like that. Stop upsetting the apple cart with all this wholesomeness and Doris Day goody-two-shoes stuff.

Rita said...

Sir G - I'm Doris' number one fan! And surely we need to acknowledge and salute superior customer service and performance?

Anonymous said...

I will if I get it....by tipping. You know me, hate awards and gongs and stuff.