Sunday 16 November 2008

Scorchers Pizza's at Orford

And last but by no means least, to break our return journey back to Hobart last Sunday night, we stopped at Orford for one of Scorchers fabulous pizzas. I've said it before and I maintain it - my favourite pizza shop is Scorchers. They do THE best pizza in the world. This is my opinion, and I am sticking to it. I always vow to try another of the large and interesting variety of pizzas they have on their menu, but have never been able to go past the simple Garlic Pizza. I don't know what it is but theirs is fabulous, and I love it.

I'd really like to know how they make theirs, because I've tried many times to duplicate it. Maybe I haven't succeeded because your own food never tastes as good as someone elses, or maybe I have simply got it wrong. Whatever the reason, I religiously buy a Garlic Pizza there each time I pass. Other pizza restaurants Garlic Pizzas pale into insignificance beside Scorchers.

So - Scorchers Pizzas in Orford is my nomination for top pizza restaurant in Tasmania (and the world).
Posted on by Rita
8 comments

8 comments:

rockoyster said...

Any word on what the coffee is like at Citrus Moon?

Rita said...

One of the girls had a coffee. Average. Depends on your palate I think. There are so many coffee-geeks out there in latte-land, all with their own particular 'take' on who does the best coffee, what conditions are required to make the best coffee etc. Thank god I don't buy into that, or I'd be continually fighting the good coffee fight with one and all!

Anonymous said...

Rita, is scorchers the place that Grahame Phillips gave a fairly indignant review of a while back, on the basis that they dared to use Ashgrove cheese instead of Mozzerella.
Because on that basis, I'd go. Really hated that review at the time.

Cartouche

Rita said...

I can't remember Cartouche. Maybe.

rockoyster said...

Had a pizza at Smolt in Salamanca Place recently. Probably twice the price of Scorchers but still the best Margarita I've tasted this side of Naples.

Anonymous said...

Yes I believe that Cartouche is right and I also believe that Graeme Phillips was completely and utterly wrong.
Dispite Graeme's less than acurate review,Scorchers DO do the best Garlic Pizza known to man - the Relish is also pretty scrumptious.
I can also highly recommend "Shane's Special" (seafod Penne) it's to die for.
I'm with you Rita, all the way. Scorchers is also MY nomination for top Pizza restaurant Global!

Rita said...

Anon 10.02 - thanks for backing me up there. I thought that comment was written by one of my daughters, and accused her of same last night. She has convinced me it wasn't her. If I can ever leave the garlic pizzas, I'll try the others you recommend, but I don't see that happening, realistically.
Rockoyster - I'm encouraged by your pizza review for Smolt. Pity they don't do takeaway.

Anonymous said...

I almost never leave a гesponse, hoωever i diԁ some searching and
wound up herе "Scorchers Pizza's at Orford".
Аnd I do haѵе 2 queѕtions
for yоu if it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it appear like some of the responses come across like coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing on other online sites, I'd
liκe to keep up with everything new yοu hаve to
post. Woulԁ you make a list of the complete uгls of your
ѕоciаl siteѕ liκе your twitter feed, Facebook pаge or lіnkedin profile?
My blog 50th Birthday party Gifts