Sunday 2 April 2006

People

Consistent with being someone who was bought up in the 50's by my parents to believe that everyone on the planet is equal (a tough concept to follow through on these days!) I have the most eclectic, assorted bunch of friends I can imagine. They cover all manner of races, creeds, ages, sexual definitions, colours, beliefs, types and occupations. In fact, thank god I won't be at my own funeral (well, not alive anyway!) because I just can't imagine how the hell I'd handle a social situation like that with that odd assortment of people all present in a room at the one time!


The relevance of this is that people I've selected to include here are an assorted bunch as well. Having always had an extreme interest in and fascination for hospitality in Hobart, I have automatically been drawn towards people with similar interests, thus have got to know many who might, by some, be considered to be on the periphery of the considered hospitality 'scene'. Some are higher profile than others. Nevertheless, they are people with that common thread of a love of food



Posted on by Rita in