Sunday 10 December 2006

Is it just me?

It seems to be getting harder and harder in todays world to be able to express your views clearly and concisely. My education (granted that was 50 years ago!) taught me many things that don't seem to be deemed essential learning for todays world, but clarity in thought and expression were important for many reasons - mostly so everyone else knew exactly where you stood and there was no "game playing" verbally.

In my workplace today, something straightforward which seems to me to require a simple solution to an "issue" in staff dynamics takes on huge IR implications if addressed in my formerly casual "she'll be right" way.

I find myself more and more mentally shaking my head, taking a deep breath and continuing with my day in silent despair for the future in the workplace.
Posted on by Rita
2 comments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Rita. I agree.

Anonymous said...

Right on Rita. I'm with you there!