Saturday 18 August 2007

Divinge, and I haven't even eaten there... yet!

Yay! At last I can tell you about some genuine, absolute, pure customer service I tripped over yesterday.

You might have picked up, if you're a regular Rita-reader, that my job involves a lot of organising events and catering. Hence I regularly am on the receiving end of all manner of service. Also hence I am reasonably acclimatised to, and expect, ordinary customer service.

So when I'm confronted by superlative service - I must shout in exultation about it!
The provider of this wonderful service was Divinge in Cygnet.

I had cause to arrange catering for a function at Cygnet and wanted, as usual, food that was definitely not your usual defrosted party pies, chips and dips. I initially phoned Lotus Eaters, as I have eaten (and reviewed) there, and really enjoyed the food, so knew exactly the standard of what I would be getting from them. After a few hiccups, conversationally, they decided it would be too much for them, so declined the catering job.

My next thought was Divinge. I have been wanting to get to Divinge for months, but haven't so far managed it. Bad girl! Friends and relatives HAVE been there & raved about it, so I was reasonably certain that if they accepted the job, they'd produce good quality food.

I phoned there yesterday afternoon and had a long conversation with the owner. She was the most delightful, helpful and informative person in hospitality I've come across since I don't know when. She gave me options, explained items plainly and honestly, quoted realistic prices upfront and generally went out of her way to cater to what it was I required.

At the end of the conversation, she happened to mention that the 2 days I required the catering done happen to be her days off, so she'd deliver the food when required. She didn't mention that small but important issue all through our planning. That means it didn't come into the equation when it came to her concept of service delivery. Also, we have no prior relationship, so she didn't know who the hell I was from Adam!

I was bowled over by such a positive attitude. I will be down there soon to eat, but if the food is anywhere near as good as the service on the phone yesterday, I just know it's going to be a great review!
Posted on by Rita
2 comments

2 comments:

Rita said...

PLease all note that I have received a few private emails regarding Divinge. Obviously folk who prefer to remain very anon, but they have gone to greta lehgths to reassure me that the food at Divinge is fantastic, and I won't regret going there.

Thanks for that, peoples!

Anonymous said...

About six months ago my wife and I visited Divinge for the first time and we have become regular visitors since. Having tried all of the cafes and restaurants in the Huon Valley over a period of years we found the quality of the service and the excellent range and quality of the food together with the frequently changing specials board a delight and a very welcome change from the very ordinary offerings from most of the competitors in the area with perhaps one or two exceptions. Both Peter and Danie are excellent chefs producing first class eat in and excellent take-away meals at very reasonable prices. The range of food available is really quite exceptional.

Danie has the knack of treating every visitor in the same friendly efficient way. Without a shadow of doubt her carrot cake is the best we have ever tasted and can be relied upon to please.

We were pleased to learn of your experience with Divinge and if your experience is like ours we just know you will not be disappointed.