Thursday 7 August 2008

Giving Darjoh's a second chance...

.....was the best thing I've done all year! Thank you so much to those of you who nagged the crap out of me to get along there and eat a dine-in meal! Yes, I'm talking about YOU, Keri!

The occasion was a get-together with the girls. We all had lots to catch up on, and share, but that was too hard because the only negative about this restaurant is the accoustics. You couldn't hear a damned thing anyone was saying, and this time it wasn't due to the loud music!

I ate what I think I'll award the Rita's Thai food crown to - an entree of Nam Tok - Thai warm beef salad served with sticky rice - $10. It was truly kick-arse, and I'm sorry girls, but I had to tune out to your conversation/gossip so I could truly enjoy the food. I absolutely loved this entree and will be back there again as soon as I can to have it again, and again.

For mains I had Hoy Pad Prik King ($24), with steamed rice ($2.50). This was described on the menu as Stir fry Spring Bay Scallops with red curry paste, ginger and coconut milk. It was quite nice, and spicy enough, but didn't come near the extremely high standard set by the entree.

I sampled other dishes the girls had, and they were all totally fine, as my main was. None stood out though, as much as the entree.

So - basically for those of you who have called Rita's bluff on this one - you were right, I was wrong. I am overjoyed to find somewhere with such great Thai food in Bellerive.
Posted on by Rita
3 comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you now understand what we are all talking about Rita.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think red curry paste rather drowns the subtle taste of scallops, Rita?
They really need very little at all, or you may as well have had chook.

Rita said...

You're exactly right Sir G. I thought that as I ordered them but the next thought was that whatever you order in Thai food is drowned in some kind of spicy-ness anyway, so what they heck! And I'll always select seafood over chook in those circumstances.