Sunday 10 August 2008

Tip of the week

 

Rita had another of those pesky work dinners to attend last Monday night (and you know how much she hates eating out!). The venue was Cornelian Bay Boat House (Rita's suggestion). Pictured above is Dave Lamb, Man in charge at CBBH.

I knew Monday was their Mini-Monday night, but hadn't quite realised exactly what that entailed. I do now, and am going to share it with you lucky people, as I think it's THE best (and tastiest) value you'll get in town currently! For $30, you can pick any 3 courses on the 4 course menu to eat. It's that simple. Obviously what you drink/if you drink (ie how much additionally you will spend above the $30) is your choice, but the food selection is up to you. So you could select 1/2 dozen oysters, their fabulous chowder, then a dessert or main, or go with an entree, a main then a dessert, or whatever combination you want.

The food was, as ever, great, the service OK and the welcome from lovely Leah friendly and professional.

I know I've been accused of bias often on the blog. Well, I'm prepared to accept that on the chin. We ALL are biased. But I reckon everyone who goes there to the Boat House to take advantage of this special are subject to the same treatment of great food at a great price.

Check it out. Come back here and tell me if you think I'm full of shit. Don't forget to book in advance though.
Posted by Picasa
Posted on by Rita
5 comments

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried so hard to get my girlies to go there but to no avail Rita.
One of my ladies didn't enjoy it once, so no go. After this post I'm now calling as we speak to dash the Lovely Phil out for dinner. We will judge for ourselves. As it should be.

Anonymous said...

Just booked for the 25th of this month. Any takers who would like to join us? Could be a good night. C'mon Rita.
If not rest assured I'll definately report back.

Rita said...

I'm there with you Christina, subject to being in Tas. Have to be in Melb the next day for a meeting. Haven't booked flights yet, so could fly out at crack of dawn Tues morning, in which case I'll be there. Will let you know soon.
Great initiative!

Tassiegal said...

Had the $30 mini thing a couple of weeks ago...still not sure WHAT I think of the Boathouse...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rita, Thanks for telling us about the Boat House's Mini Monday. What a fantastic night we had last Monday night. The room was full there was a great atmosphere and the food was excellent and very generous for only $30.00 per person. The service was good but not the usual Boat House standard. Later in the night I spoke to one of the staff who explained that this was because at the start of the night there were 30 booked and 3 staff would have been ample but with "walk ins" and last minute bookings they ended up with over 50 "covers" all tables of 2 and 4. With this in mind they did a remarkable job. It was so great I am organising a group to return Monday week; I can't wait to have the kangaroo and noodle salad again; what a treat.