Sunday 20 September 2009

Travels in France

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had a fabulous time in Provence, France, second-hand, via the blog (link on the right of this screen) of Piccalilly Hobart.

Iain and Elysia from Piccalilly are on holidays in France at the moment, and writing THE most descriptive and fabulous stories about their day-to-day travels in Provence, and most importantly, the food they are eating each meal time.

It's got to be the cheapest way to travel, and other than missing out on actually tasting the food they're eating (as you do when you watch a cooking program on TV), I feel like I've done the trip with them!

I'm thinking it's Elysia who is doing the actual writing (but I may well be wrong), but whoever it is, are proving to be the most descriptive food and travel writer I've read in a long time.

There is nothing wanky or poseur-ish about this blog. It's merely a travel diary, but SO well written.

I love it, and look forward every day to their faithful reporting of each day's travel and meals.

I don't know how much longer they're going to be in France, but I wish they could be there (for both theirs and my sakes) for much longer!
Posted on by Rita
3 comments

3 comments:

Nola said...

What a lovely holiday they are having!

Unknown said...

It is a fabulous read isn't it. It is Elysia as I understand it although Ian's mum Julie is with them. The descriptions of the tomatoes had me slavering!

Tassiegal said...

I swear I have put on 3 kilos just READING what they are eating. Those cheese trollies are to DIE for. With them in France and Nat and Matt from Montys in Tuscany, the upper end of eating in Hobart is going to be GOOD this summer if they are attempting to recreate the tastes!