Wednesday 21 December 2011

A fellow food blogger....

My friend Emily, who lives in Melbourne, has a lovely recipe blog, called Adeline and Lumiere. She regularly posts beautiful recipes, which I attempt to duplicate, sometimes spectacularly successfully and sometimes embarrassingly failing!

Her latest post is about a Pickle Club, which I found interesting and exciting, so have pasted here below. I’d love to join one here in Hobart, if such a thing exists.

“I love the lead up to Christmas. It’s always so manic and busy but I love it all the same. This week, to add to all the Christmas fanfare, we were invited to our very first Pickle Club. We had heard about this famous gathering of pickles before we moved up to Melbourne and were both looking forward to our first event.
So here’s the deal. You make 6 jars of delicious homemade pickles (or chutney, relish, jams, cordials, pesto…. anything that keeps) and then swap them for 6 other amazing jars of varied goodness.  Pretty simple!
There were so many mouth watering flavours to choose from.  It was so hard to choose only 6!  After much deliberation we chose: Coriander, Kaffir Lime & Chili Pesto, Lemon Curd, Pickled Shallots, Apricot & Honey Jam, Mango & Strawberry Cordial & Roasted Tomato and Chilli Relish. Yuuu-um!”

If you like the sound of Em’s ramblings, here is the link to her blog.

Posted on by Rita
1 comment

1 comments:

Vineyard Paul said...

If a Hobart Pickle Club starts up, I am in. Although I won't be sharing my Green Tomato Relish