Wednesday 28 December 2011

Thorpe Farm at this year's Taste again

Will Bignell added the following comment yesterday, which I thought worthy of adding as a post here, and I hope everyone who goes along to this year's Taste pops into Will's stall and buys something.

"Well it has been a little while since I last slipped a note on here but I thought I would do it again and let people know we are back making cheese and at the Taste again. After giving up on food in 09/10 I have focused on our cheese and paired with another young legend Joe Bennett from Get Shucked fame and as always I have stuck with my mate of 6 Tastes, the audacious Kevin Redd serving Craigow Wines.

Thorpe Farm / Tas Highland Cheeses has not been making cheese this spring due to the increased pressure on us after the tragic loss of my dear brother George in May of this year. This is the first cheese Dad has made since we shut down for winter and I hope it is not the last as he is a great cheesemaker and people need his blue cheese! This year I am using Spelt grain that was first imported in 2006 for bulking and evaluation which is being baked into a sour dough roll at Jackman & McRoss and tastes sensational. Better than the soft wheat were persisting with before!

I hope to see you down at the Taste to check out the new stall, come buy some great cheese, oysters and wine and support some young guys of the Tassie Food and Wine scene! You can also check out the making of the cheese that you are buying as it is playing in the front window!

If nothing else at least hand over $8 and try a Highland Delight and Hot Root if nothing else whilst at the Taste, guaranteed satisfaction!

Fuel for Passion and Fuel for Love!

Regards,

Will "
Posted on by Rita
No comments

0 comments: