Wednesday 2 February 2011

Thanks, and sorry........

My most sincere apologies to all for the lack of any movement on this blog over the last few weeks. I have been unbelievably ill, and unable to either eat or drink anything for 2 weeks, so was getting progressively weaker and dehydrated, and turning into a 90 year old crone in front of my family's eyes!

Thanks to family and friends, I have managed to turn the corner, and feel I am now on the road to recovery.

There's still a long way to go (with a Pacemaker possibly being the ultimate end to the story), but actually being able to eat (and keep down) the finest free-range chicken stock ever (lovingly and carefully made by my Nellie), complete with chicken wontons with a hint of coriander, last night marked the turning point for me, and it felt like I had been one of those dried flowers in Varuni's tea at Chado, which, on having boiling water added to them, slowly open out to reveal the most delicate and beautifully fragranced flower, and tea.

Thanks to those of you who have emailed me via the Email Rita direct facility, offering your thoughts and love for my recovery.
Posted on by Rita
10 comments

10 comments:

hrv said...

Hope you are on the (quick) road to recovery. Certainly with your outlook on life you will triumph over this setback in your health. Will email soon.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Rita!

Anonymous said...

Good on you Rita...Keep on blossoming.

Dillon

Anon2 said...

Hope you have got over the worst of this awfully debilitating illness. Get well, soon

ut si said...

You are the entire bouquet babes. So glad you're feeling better. xxx

Snuva said...

So glad to hear you've turned the corner!!

sir grumpy said...

Yes, we're all cheering for you Rita,
(I nearly said rooting for you, Rita but the Aussie vernacular gave me pause....and one can barely root for oneself these days!).

Victor said...

You are a blossoming flower tea, Rita. I have a few more of the flower tea specially reserved for you when you come to visit us. So stay well and get well soon.

Marian Hazel said...

Gosh Rita, hope you continue to improve, good to hear you're being looked after!

Brett Atkinson said...

Hope you're feeling better soon...

Brett (Lonely Planet)